Thursday, May 7, 2009

BABY ETHAN!!!

I know that it has been so long since I have posted anything on my blog and I am sorry about that life has been pretty crazy the past 8 weeks!
But here are the pictures of the hospital stay and coming home from the hospital!

Ethan was born on March 13, 2009 at 11:26 am. He weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz and 19 inches long! I went in on Thursday night at about 7:30 pm and when they checked me I still wasn't dilated. So at about 8:30 they put the cervix softener in to help me get dilated. They didn't think that that would put me into labor but it did. At about 1:00 am I was starting to hurt quite a bit the contractions were coming on really strong so they decided to give me some pain medication through the IV and that made me feel really weird, but it helped me sleep for a little bit, then I woke up again about an hour later and I was hurting again, so they gave me the medication again and I slept for another hour. Then at about 5:00 am I was like I want the epidural, so the nurse came in and checked me and I was only dilated to a 1! But my contractions were one on top of another I felt like I wasn't getting any breaks, so they gave me the epidural and can I just say I love the person who invented those!! I couldn't feel a thing and I slept GREAT! Then they came in at about 8:00 and let me eat breakfast because they didn't think that I was in labor yet because they hadn't given me the pitocin yet, then after I ate the nurse came in to check me and right when she was checking my doctor came in to see how I was doing and the nurse was like oh my gosh she is in labor and she is dilated to a 6! So my doctor broke my water, and about an hour later after that at 9:30 they checked me again and I was fully dilated! They were shocked that I was going so fast! They thought it was going to take me all day before I finally had my baby! No he was ready to come! They said okay we will have you start pushing in an hour, and Ryan just looked at me and said, "I don't think I'm ready for this!" I was kind of funny because he looked so paniced! So at 10:30 I started pushing and I only pushed for an hour and he was finally born! It was an amazing time to finally see the little guy! It was a special experience, nothing that words can even describe! I would relive that moment over and over again! I love him so much and still can't believe that I am a mom! But it is great and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even though I can't believe how hard it can be at times, it is worth it to see that smile that he gives us that helps us get through the sleepness nights, poopy diapers, and non stop crying episodes!

Here he is in his outfit we brought him home in from the hospital now he can barely fit in it! They grow so fast! It was fun to dress him for the first time! I love seeing Ryan with him and being so gentle!!















These are the balloons that Jared and Ainsli brought over to us to the hospital, it was fun to have visitors. The hospital stay can be so long and boring!









Here Ryan is giving him his first bath! I loved watching him bathe Ethan! It was so sweet! Ethan loves to get his head rubbed, so in this picture Ethan is so relaxed because it feels so good to him!









Here he is getting ready for his first bath. He wasn't too happy!










Here we are just a few minutes after Ethan was born! Don't I just look beautiful! I was exhausted! And you can totally tell from this picture!










Here we are enjoying our son for the first time!











Here he is right after he came out. Look at those sweet little eyes! I love this boy!











He was screaming really good for us! He wasn't too happy yet!















Here is the view from our hospital room it was such a beautiful morning when Ethan was born! I loved the view that we had! We had the best rooms in the hospital!







Ryan had to take a picture of were he slept the night before Ethan was born. It was so funny, he was like I want to remember everything. I am glad though that he took so many random pictures of our hospital stay I want to remember it all too!






It is great to be parents and we couldn't be more happy that our little boy is finally with us! These past 8 weeks have just been amazing! They have been such a learning experience that you can't even explain to people until they have lived it themselves! But we are just enjoying him as much as we can!

5 comments:

♥ kimberly said...

He is sooo cute!!! Isn't being a mom just the greatest thing in the world. Oh, how I wish I had a newborn again. So so sweet! Good job and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Love you!

Bekah and Lance said...

Congrats Ash on your beautiful baby boy! I have been waiting and waiting for you to post pictures of him!! So glad you finally did. :)

Outlet for my Thoughts said...

Ashley he is darling! i am so glad that you posted pictures!! i can't wait to meet the little guy!

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Ashley,
What a doll!! He is so precious!! Don't you just love being a Mommy? They grow way too fast! Love you tons I am glad things are good with you and Ethan. Thanks for posting pictures!!

mindy said...

Oh Ash!!! You are such a cute Mom!! Congratulations! Maybe our little boys can be buddies!! :) I'm so happy for you - it makes me so excited for my time to come!