Monday, May 24, 2010

OHIO TRIP!!!

We stopped at Niagra Falls on our way to New York.  It was so pretty there.  I feel lucky that Ryan and I have been able to visit Niagra twice now.  They are amazing to see and I am so glad we were able to go.  I snapped a pic of Brian and Karina posing for a picture in front of the falls.
We decided to ride on the Maid of the Mist.  It was fun to get up close to the falls and get sprayed by the mist.  I really liked it.
We got the best spot on the boat.  We were on top and right in the front so we could see the falls the best.
Here is Ryan and I standing by the falls.  We walked up some stairs after the boat ride to get another closer look at the amazing falls.
We arrived in New York and we went to the Hill Cumorah!  This was also our second time being there.  I really do feel grateful that we have been able to go here and see the amazing sights here.
Here is Ryan, Shane, and Ash hiking up to the top of the hill.  I love Ash's face in this picture!
Since none of us had kids with us we were able to make a temple trip to the Palmyra Temple.  It was so much fun because you have to have an appointment to go the temple and we all got there and it was our whole family and one other couple through the whole session.  I loved that!
Here we are in front of the temple.  This temple is beautiful.  You can see the Sacred Grove from the temple.
Here we all our going on a tour through the Joseph Smith farm.  This is also our second time being here as well.  But I just can't get over how wonderful the spirit is here at this place.  I love seeing the places that the prophet lived. 
Here Ryan and his Dad and Brian are in the frame house on the Smith farm.  I also like going inside those cabins and seeing the wonderful work that those early pioneers did.

This pic is of Ethan and Carson this is right before Kristy dropped us off at the airport.  Ethan was asleep when he left I felt bad that I couldn't give him a huge hug and kiss before we left.  But it was probably better that he was asleep.
Ryan and I went to Ohio this past week because Ry's brother Shane graduated from Dental School!!  It was so much fun.  Ethan stayed in Boise with my sister Kristy and I was so thankful that she was willing to watch him!  It was extremely hard for me to leave him but he did awesome!  I know that today he is wondering where his cousin Carson is and Sadie!  He is probably bored with just mom here. 
We had so much fun on this trip.  I loved spending time with my family.  We arrived in Ohio on Saturday May 15 and Shane's graduation was on Sunday.  I loved going to his graduation. 
Then on Monday we went to New York.  It was a 5 hour drive to get to where we were staying.  We stayed in the same house we stayed at two years ago.  The Seneca Lake house.  It was beautiful.  We did all of the church sites and I loved being refreshed again on everything that happened there.  My favorite part was probably the Sacred Grove.  The spirit that is felt there is wonderful.  Ry and I just walked around and sat down and just pondered everything that happened there. 
We stayed in New York until Thursday and headed back to Cleveland.  The next few days we just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. 
I am so glad that we were able to do this trip.  Thank you so much Shane and Ash for your hospitality.  I can't wait to see you guys again in just a couple of weeks.  We had so much fun laughing, going on runs, and just hanging out.  I can't wait to get together again and just laugh and laugh some more.
I am glad to be home and be with my baby boy again.  I missed him so much.  But this trip was a very needed trip and I am glad it came when it did. 
I love my family and everything that they do for us!!  Love you guys!!!


6 comments:

Mandi Kay said...

THank you SO much for the pics and the post!!!!! I loved it!!!! See you in a couple weeks for sure! love you

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN TO SEE YOU AT THE KIRTLAND TEMPLE!!!!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?! I HAVE LOVED READING ALL OF YOUR RECENT POSTS AND LOOKING AT ALL OF YOUR PICTURES! I WAS SAD THAT WE COULDN'T MEET ETHAN WHEN WE SAW YOU BUT ARE SURE GLAD THAT WE GET TO SEE PICTURES OF ALL HIS CUTENESS!!!! WHEN I GET HOME FROM NY I'LL BE SURE TO E-MAIL TO PICTURE OF US TO YOU!!! OH, I WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS FOOD STORAGE THING YOU ARE DOING SO I WILL CALL YOU SOON!!!!
LOVE YOUR GUTS!! AND AGAIN ABSOLUTELY LOVED SEEING YOU GUYS, I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!

Elggren's said...

All i have to say is shame on you for coming so close to us and not giving us a call... :) We have been out there a few times as it is about 3 to 4 hour drive for us. How fun to think you guys were so close. hope you guys are doing well!
Dan and Staci

Heather Inns said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time.

Nick and Stacey said...

Looks like fun! I am glad you guys are doing well! I cannot believe that little Ethan is one, and walking! Too Cute!

Kristy Gwynn Adams said...

Ash it looks like you had a great time in Ohio! I'm glad we could watch Ethanopolis for you, he is adorable! I haven't looked at your blog for a while, it was fun to see all your pics! Love ya sis!