Tuesday, September 29, 2009

RELIEF!!

I really appreciate all of the wonderful advice that everyone has given me to help Ethan sleep again through the night.
We ended up going to the doctor yesterday because he just wasn't acting himself. I am so glad we did because we found out that he has a very sore throat. He saw the white pockets even. I felt so bad. Now I know why my poor baby hasn't been acting himself. The doctor said that nighttime is rough when you have a sore throat because you are all alone and your throat gets dry so that is why nighttime has been so rough for him. I just feel horrible for the little guy. Sometimes I wish that they could just tell us what is hurting.
But now we can give him Motrin and Tylenol and those worked miracles! I am so glad that he finally got the rest he needed and we needed as well. He was even still asleep when I left for work this morning. I feel great that he is getting some relief from the pain. Thank goodness for Pediatricians! (Maybe that's what Ryan should go to school for!:)
Anyways, thanks again for everything you guys said. And Em I really need to read that book I have heard wonderful things about it. Also I think he might be teething too because he does have a lot of those symptoms that you talked about Ash! Poor little man, going through so much and he can't even tell his mommy what is up!
Oh the joys of guessing what to do!! Thanks everybody!

3 comments:

Emily Jones said...

I'm so glad that you were able to figure out why Ethan wasn't sleeping. Poor little guy! It's tough trying to read minds. You can borrow that book anytime. All you have to do is come visit me! :)

Mandi Kay said...

i'm glad that you figured out what was up too! You're a good Mommy.....it's definitely hard when they can't tell you what's wrong with them or that they're hurting. IT can be frustrating.... Love you guys tons and hope to see you soon! You're one beautiful woman!

♥ kimberly said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you-I haven't been sure of my plans. But I would LOVE to get together with you sometime this weekend. I'm busy Friday early afternoon, but other than that I'm free. Just give me the time and I'll be there! Give me a call-201-3849. Love you!