Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BREAD!!!

So Ryan and I got a new kitchen aid mixer from my parents for Christmas and they got it for us because we both love home made bread. My parents have been making bread for a really long time and I thought that I could make it just as good as them, because I used to make it when I lived at home and it always turned out right. Yeah well it is not that easy when you don't have your parents there helping you every step of the way.
I get so frustrated because I think that I am doing it right and that it will turn out how my dad's bread turns out but no it came out flat. HELP!!!! Dad what am I doing wrong???!! Yesterday Ryan and I ventured to make it again and I thought okay I can do this, and I let it raise for awhile and then cooked it. I only it had it in the oven for about 20 minutes and I opened it and it was flatter than flat. Ryan was trying to make me feel better and he said you could open your own shop and call it the square bread! Oh it is so FRUSTRATING!! Dad and Mom I need you two to come down here and help me out! I love homemade bread and want some that will look pretty!
I will post some pictures of my bread tomorrow just so you can see it! I will get it down maybe in twenty years or so!:)

6 comments:

Laura H. said...

Wow! Half marathon. I don't think I'm that brave yet. Maybe someday. Let me know when you're in Rexburg/IF since we'll be in IF this summer. Oh and send me your email address. (halesangels@gmail.com) I'd love to really catch up with you guys sometime.

♥ kimberly said...

You'll never guess who I saw who's now a "hardcore cowboy". You'll have to call me to find out!!!

Heather said...

Don't get too discouraged about the bread. You will get it! I had to have a whole summer of coaching from Mike's mom before I started to get the hang of it. My first two attempts it looked like I had big, dense potato's in the pan when I was done! I'd killed the yeast with too hot of water. It will all be worth it when that first, hot loaf comes out perfect!

Grams said...

It really took me back in my memory when Ryan told me about the bread. The same thing happened to me once. I let the bread raise too high. It was really flat. About 1 1/2 inches high. A perfect little rectangle. One good thing I'll bet your apartment still smelled delicious. Love you guys! Mom

stevie kay said...

Is that my Ash-Bash? I am so happy to find you! I heard you got married. Congratulations very belated. It's so good to see you!
~Stevie

Ashlee and Shane said...

One time i made bread and my problem was that it was HUGE! It raised VERY high, but it was so funny! :)